Porcelain Veneers to improve the appearance of your smile and boost your self-confidence
No matter how well you care for your smile, you may deal with specific cosmetic concerns outside your control. One example is yellowing of the teeth which may occur naturally with age or due to genetics. Another is a gap in the front of the smile or a tooth that has been injured and is now chipped or cracked. These imperfections are often cosmetic concerns but still impact the smile’s appearance and a patient’s self-confidence. For many patients in this situation, the team at Pearl Dental Care in Hamden, Connecticut, may recommend the placement of porcelain veneers.
What is a porcelain veneer?
Drs Gary and Scott Pearl highly recommend veneers for patients with imperfections on the front of the smile. These imperfections are covered with a custom-made ceramic facing bonded onto the tooth to disguise the specific concerns. In doing so, it dramatically improves the appearance of the smile while boosting a patient’s self-confidence.
Why choose porcelain veneers?
Many patients prefer porcelain veneers because of the following benefits:
- Porcelain veneers are custom-made to match the patient’s existing teeth for seamless integration
- Veneers can be created right in our office with our CEREC system for same-day results
- For some cases we use a dental laboratory to fabricate the veneers
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, allowing them to last longer than composite veneers or dental bonding
- Porcelain veneers will often last a decade or longer with proper care
- Porcelain veneers can cover the teeth and disguise many different types of imperfections
- Porcelain veneers can be used as an option for composite resin bonding, dental crowns, and orthodontic work
- Porcelain veneers are easy to care for and function just as natural teeth would
- Porcelain veneers are durable and offer an extra layer of protection for a tooth
Veneers are thin handcrafted porcelain shields worn on the front of the tooth which improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, cracked, stained or worn. Veneers are thin as contact lenses, and are an aesthetically pleasing option of closing gaps, lengthening teeth, and providing symmetry to make your smile more natural. Veneers are intended to last for many years without changing color. They are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in dentistry. Ask your dentist if veneers may be right for you.
Discuss your needs with the team at Pearl Dental Care
Drs. Gary and Scott Pearl provide porcelain veneers and many other aesthetic solutions for patients ready to rejuvenate the appearance of their smile and address common imperfections on the front teeth. Call the office at (203) 285-8245 today to book a consultation appointment.