Pediatric dentistry – laying the foundation for a lifetime of healthy smiles
At Pearl Dental Care in Hamden, Connecticut, we know that parents want nothing less than the best for their children. While we treat all patients like they are members of our family, we take special care with our youngest patients to ensure that they have a positive experience from the moment they step into our warm and friendly office. We provide a broad range of pediatric dentistry services designed to keep children’s teeth and gums disease-free and lay the foundation for a lifetime of happy, healthy smiles.
Pediatric dental care tailored to your child’s specific needs
Our dental practice is equipped with the latest technologies that enable us to provide oral health care that is more efficient, precise, and comfortable for your child. Standard pediatric dental services that we provide include, among others:
- Infant’s first dental visit: We recommend that you bring your child in for their first dental visit when their first tooth erupts or 1 year old. Your child’s first dental visit serves as a baseline for their oral health care. And is an excellent time for us to get to know you, let your child sit in the dental chair (or your lap, if that is more comfortable for them), and answer any questions you have about taking care of their teeth and gums.
- Professional dental cleanings and check-ups: Children should see a dentist every six months for professional cleanings and check-ups. That will help maintain healthy teeth and gums and detect any potential issues at the earliest stage possible when they are easiest and most cost-effective to treat.
- Dental sealants: This quick and painless treatment is designed to seal off the deep grooves within your child’s molars to prevent tooth decay.
- Fluoride treatments: Fluoride helps strengthen tooth enamel to prevent cavities and promote healthy teeth.
- Silver Diamine Fluoride: A conservative treatment to halt tooth decay without the need for local anesthetic or drilling.
- Tooth-colored fillings and other restorative dentistry services: Even children with diligent home hygiene routines can develop cavities as their mouths develop. We use a gentle touch and modern materials to restore health to your child’s smile with treatments such as tooth-colored fillings, dental bonding, and dental crowns.
- Dental Emergencies: Same-day treatment for pediatric dental emergencies including toothaches and injuries.
Partners in your child’s oral health
If you have been searching for a “pediatric dental office near me” and live in the Hamden, CT area, the team at Pearl Dental Care is committed to developing a trusting, lasting partnership with you and your child to achieve the best possible outcomes. Call our office at (203) 285-8245 today to schedule your child’s appointment!