At Pearl Dental Care, we know that oral health is important for a lifetime of healthy, beautiful smiles. However, we also know that imperfections of the smile can impact a person’s self-confidence. If you are unhappy with the smile you have and want to ask a dentist in the Hamden, Connecticut area about cosmetic dentistry services that can improve the appearance of the smile, we welcome you to speak to Drs. Gary and Scott Pearl about aesthetic options.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is best described as any dental treatment that is done with the final appearance in mind. Aesthetic procedures are performed to address imperfections in the smile, which may include anything from misaligned to missing teeth. These procedures use materials that mimic the appearance of tooth enamel to look natural and difficult to discern from the natural structures of the smile.
What cosmetic dentistry services are available at Pearl Dental Care?
Our father and son team of professionals works side-by-side with patients to guide them through the journey of improving the appearance of the smile with aesthetic dental work. Below are just a few of the more common cosmetic procedures that are performed at our office:
- Invisalign – patients with an imperfectly aligned smile may dread the idea of undergoing traditional orthodontic work with metal brackets and wires. Instead, we recommend using Invisalign, a clear aligner therapy that discreetly realigns teeth with easy-to-use trays.
- Professional teeth whitening – improving the smile’s appearance with professional whitening services dramatically enhances the smile in as little as one visit. These services are stronger and more effective than over-the-counter whitening products that have less active ingredients.
- Tooth-colored fillings – composite resin is used as an alternative to silver amalgam fillings when cavities are addressed to ensure seamless integration within the smile and an unnoticeable repair.
- Composite bonding – our dental team also utilizes this same material to correct issues such as chipped or cracked teeth, close spaces, and whiten teeth.
- Dental implants – replacing missing teeth is easy with dental implants, which offer a permanent alternative to dentures and bridges. They may also be placed to hold an implant-retained denture in the smile for more effective chewing and speaking.
- Dental crowns – crowns are dental “caps” used to protect or strengthen a tooth, and our office is excited to offer same-day dental crowns thanks to the CEREC technology available at our practice.
- Porcelain veneers – another option for covering imperfect teeth near the front of the smile is the placement of a ceramic facing called a porcelain veneer. This restoration is made to improve the color, shape, and overall appearance of the teeth for a dramatic improvement of the smile.
Learn more about the services offered by this father and son team
Drs. Gary and Scott Pearl of Pearl Dental Care of Hamden, CT, are committed to helping patients achieve healthy and beautiful smiles. If you are interested in discussing possible treatments for improving the aesthetics of your teeth and gums, do not hesitate to contact our front office team to schedule a consultation appointment. We provide not only cosmetic dentistry solutions for the smile but also restorative and general dentistry services as well. Call (203) 285-8245 to request an appointment at 1834 Dixwell Avenue today!
Share this Article